The Holy Qur'an was revealed to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and is a universal book of guidance for Muslims. Learning the Holy Qur'an is a duty upon all Muslims according to the following Hadith of the Holy Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him)1:
"Uthman reported Allah's messenger as saying, "The best among you is he who learns and teaches the Qur'an." Bukhari transmitted it."
The following Hadith of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) encourages Muslims to recite the Holy Qur'an2:
"Al-Baraa' b. Azib reported Allah's messenger as saying, "Beautify the Qur'an with your voices." Ahmas, Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah and Darimi transmitted it"
In order to learn the Holy Qur'an, it is important to know Arabic language. As this is a limitation for a large number of Muslims, I have compiled sound clips of selected Surah (Chapters) and Aya (verses) and their transliteration and translation. I have also provided some additional supporting information for some of these items.
Qur'anic treasures will enable us:
- To develop an understanding of major concepts presented in the Holy Qur'an;
- To apply these concepts to solve current problems; and
- To become ethical and Allah-conscious at all times.
SalmanSpiritual.Com is proud to present the recitation of selected Surah and Aya(t) of the Holy Qur'an in the voice of Shiekh Abdul Bassit Abdul Sumed in tarteel tune through a special permission of MECAH Enterprises.
Qur'anic Treasures Index
I have complied the sound clips for the selected Surah and aya(t) of Holy Qur'an listed above in Tarteel tune. The recitations are by Shiekh Abdul Bassit Abdul Sumed and have been reproduced on this site with permission from MECAH Enterprises. I suggest that you first read the transliteration and translation for each Surah or Aya(t) on the appropriate pages and then listen to all these Qur'anic treasures in sequence. May the light of the Holy Qur'an dawn in our souls. Ameen.
- Robson, J., Book VIII. The excellent qualities of the Qur'an Chapter I. In: Mishkat al Masabih Vol. I (English translation with explanatory notes), 446.
- Robson, J., Book VIII. The excellent qualities of the Qur'an Chapter II. In: Mishkat al Masabih Vol. I (English translation with explanatory notes), 464.
- Robson, J. Mishkat al Masabih Vol. I (English translation with explanatory notes), Sh. Muhammad Ashraf, Lahore, r1990.
The lit candle represents the Light of Imamat. Let us actualize this Light into our spiritual hearts, heads, & consciences so that we may also be able to submit spiritual & luminous nazranas in the Diamond Jubilee.