Niyat and Guiding Principles for Invoking Angelic Salwat for External
and Internal Peace for the Whole Humanity and All Departed Souls
(Project Duration: 40 days from March 21, 2006 to May 15, 2006)
Scope and Duration of the Project:
Ya Ali Madad! This is the second project for creating sunshine in our hearts and preparing for the celebration of 50 years of glorious Imamat of NOOR Mowlana Hazir Imam. This project is based on the principles and teachings of our Holy Faith and can be used as a part of a personal search for spiritual enlightenment. Its application is personal, spiritual and intellectual and its scope is global.
The project will start on Idd-e-Navroz, March 21, 2006 and end on May 15, 2006. Inshallah, the 40 postings will come your way at the rate of 5 per week for the next 8 weeks. I hope that you and members of your family will fully participate in this project.
Niyat and Wish List:
Let us first declare our noble intentions and then invoke the angelic salwat for exoteric and esoteric purposes. Ya Ali, Ya NOOR Mowlana Shah Karim Al-Hussaini Hazir Imam, we pray for:
- Mushkil Aasan and material, spiritual & intellectual upliftment of the global Jamat, the global Muslim community and humanity at large;
- Salvation of all departed souls;
- External and internal peace for the whole humanity;
- Empowerment of our children with the correct understanding of our holy faith
- The well being of the NOORANI Family;
- Sunshine in our hearts and Light in our foreheads; and
- The inner vision of the Truth!
Guiding Principles for Invoking the Angelic Salwat
The following verse of the Holy Qur'an commands Muslims to recite prayers in which they seek blessings for the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and salute him with a worthy salutation.
The salutation to the Holy Prophet (s.a.s.) has to include his direct decendants according to the following hadith:
'Innallaha wa Malaaa-'ikatahuu yusallunna 'alan-Nabiyy:
Yaaa - 'ayyuhallaziina 'aamanuu salluu 'alayhi wa salimuu taslimma
"Lo! Allah and His angels shower blessings on the Prophet. O ye who believe! Ask blessings on him and salute him with a worthy salutation." (33:56)
We asked God's messenger this question, "How is the blessing to be invoked on you who belong to the prophetic family? God has taught us [only] how to salute you." He told us to say, "O God, bless Muhammad and Muhammad's family as Thou didst bless Abraham and Abraham's family. Thou art indeed praiseworthy and glorious. O God, grant favours to Muhammad and Muhammad's family as Thou didst grant favours to Abraham and Abraham's family. Thou art indeed praiseworthy and glorious."
The verse (ayat) of the Holy Qur'an [Lo! Allah and His angels shower blessings on the Prophet. O ye who believe! Ask blessings on him and salute him with a worthy salutation. (33:56)] indicates that the major entities which are involved in the execution of this prayer are: Allah, Angels, the Holy Prophet, the Holy Imams and believers. This mechanism of salwat is presented in the following diagram:
According to the hadith of the Holy Prophet presented above, whenever the name of the Holy Prophet is recited, his family, his offspring and their successors are automatically invoked. According to the Ismaili Muslim constitution, the successors of the Holy Prophet are the Imams who are his direct descendants through Hazrat Mawlana Ali Amiru-l-Mu'minin ('Alayhi-s-salam) and his daughter Hazrat Bibi Fatimat-az-Zahra, Khatun-i-Jannat ('Alayhi-s-salam).
The question then arises: Are the blessings for the Prophet and the Imams or are they for the believers? The answer is given in the following verse of the Holy Quran:
Huwallazii yusallii 'alay-kum wa malaaaa-'ikatuhuu liyukhrijakum-minaz - Zulumaati 'ilan-Nuur: wa kaana bil-Mu'-miniina Rahiimaa.
"He it is who confers upon you His Blessings, and likewise do the Angels, that He may bring you forth from darkness (of infidelity) into the Light (of faith): and He is to believers All Merciful" (33:43)
Activities for Participants and Targets
Each person participating in this project is requested to invoke angelic salwats according to his/her capacity. In order to meet our targets, we will be presenting a bouquet of at least 100 salwats or continuous salwat for 3 to 5 minutes to our beloved NOOR Mowlana Hazir Imam for the fulfillment of our noble wishes. If 10,000 persons offer 100 salwat per day, we could reach a rate of 1 million salwat per day. This would yield a magnificent nazrana of 40 million salwats by the end of this 40 day project.
Resources for this Project
The following resources have been created for this project:
- The Concept of Angelic Salwat and conditions for harnessing its full potential (PDF);
- Niyat and Guiding Principles for Invoking Angelic Salwat for External and Internal Peace for the Whole Humanity and All Departed Souls 40 day Project.;
- Schedule and Index page for daily postings consisting of dhikr and ilm sections. Postings will sent on a daily basis starting on Idd-e-Navroz, March 21, 2006. This page also has hyperlinks to Real Audio streaming files of salwat recitation. This is a 8-week project with 5 postings a week. The end date is May 15, 2006;
- 40-Questions and Answers are a part of the ilm section of each posting and can be directly accessed through the schedule and postings index page. The answers for these questions are direct quotations of the teachings from the Holy Qur'an, the Holy Prophet, NOOR Mowlana Murtaza Ali (a.s.), the Holy Imams and the Holy Pirs. The blessing of angelic salwat is directly proportional to the purity and sincerity of the heart, therefore the questions and answers are a source of inspiration to purify the heart so that the salwat of individuals ascends to God and descends as an angelic salwat for the benefit of the whole creation.
- 33 salwat sound track in mp3 format recited by Noorallah Juma (voice only)
- Online sound track streams for reciting salwat: [33 times|
- Online sound track streams for reciting Power Prayers: Ayatul Kursi (Holy Qur'an 2:255) and Salwat: [1 cycle|
- Transliteration and Translation of Ayatul Kursi: The Most Important Ayat of the Holy Qur'an;
- A Poem on Salwat; (web page)
- A Poem on Salwat (Download PDF) and
- An Article on Salwat.
Please following these hyperlinks to see the schedule and a sample prayer card for this luminous prayer.
Ya Ali, Ya NOOR Mowlana Shah Karim Al-Hussaini Hazir Imam, grant us, our families, our Jamats, the worldwide Jamat, the Muslim Ummah, and humanity at large, luminous (noorani) and spiritual (ruhani) ta'id (help) to advance materially, spiritually and intellectually. O Mowla, create Sunshine in our hearts, light in our foreheads, and bless us all with the inner vision of the Truth. Ameen.
Peace, light, barakat, taid and a 'golden noorani didar',
Hazrat Fatimah (a.s.),
[Angelic Salwat: Index Page | Schedule Page ]
Article by Dr. Noorallah Juma
Copyright © 2006 All Rights Reserved - SalmanSpiritual.Com